Monday, March 16, 2009

Day 7

As I get ready to leave Alaska I thought I would make a list of things I will miss (and not miss!)

Things I will miss:
big mountains (except when it is so cloudy I have no idea where they went)
seeing moose in the middle of busy roads
unpretentious people (if you are reading this from the east coast you know what I mean)
long summer nights
great outdoors within the city limits
my fireplace
having adventures where I pretend to be "outdoorsy"
getting lost on day long bike rides
the quaint little places we discovered
the wonderful people I have met here

Things I will not miss:
ice
falling on ice
getting into a ridiculously cold car after work
cold rainy summer days
never being able to wear the outfit I want to due to weather conditions
not being able to find the ingredient I need int he grocery store
expensive gas
being the only person who doesn't know how to ski or snowboard
shipping costs twice the price of the actual item
being completely paranoid about getting eaten by a bear

Feel free to add your own!

1 comment:

  1. I will agree with the bear LOL I am scared of a moose too haha.

    Dont forget the price of eating out or the ridiculous price of delivery pizza. Ohh pizza in general...I mean really nine dolalrs for a box pizza? haha

    ReplyDelete